Welcome to Snappy Places
You will find information about the West Valley side of the Phoenix Metro area. "Snappy" will also feature attractions and places throughout Arizona.
Arizona is more than the Grand Canyon state, it is a place to embrace and call home. From our famous palm trees to our beautiful pine trees, Arizona's landscape is brimming with nature's grandeur and diversity. Our majestic mountains invite you to climb, our valleys coax you to explore and our plains whisper stories of civilizations past. Saddle up to history-rich towns, breathtaking views and world-class fashion and food.
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Arizona Science Center
"Lost Egypt: Ancient Secrets, Modern Science" is a new traveling exhibition that is at the Arizona Science Center May 31 - Sept. 1, 2014.
Lost Egypt is an immersive quest for knowledge that reveals how archaeologists use modern science and technology to uncover and understand the ancient civilization of Egypt. Through hands-on challenges, authentic artifacts and guidance from real archaeologists, visitors will unearth the mysteries of Egypt, its culture and its people.
This interactive exhibit features a real human mummy and animal mummies, as well as scans, forensic facial reconstructions and for the first time ever, a life-size rapid prototype of a mummy in a stage of "unwrapping." Visitors explore a re-creation of an Egyptian tomb, and authentic art and artifacts from the daily life and funerary culture of ancient Egypt.
• A real human mummy and a life-size rapid prototype
• Animal mummies, plus scans and information about animals in ancient Egypt
• Art and artifacts from the daily life and funerary culture of ancient Egypt
• Connections to real scientists working on projects in Egypt
• Connections to the scientific process used by archaeologists and other scientists, including hands-on challenges, interactive exhibits and technology
• Connections to how ancient Egyptian people and culture relate to us today
The Arizona Science Center has many other exhibits that can provide hours of entertainment for any age group. They are open daily from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Mary Parkin Associate Broker, West USA Realty
Phone: 602-882-8080 and Toll Free at 888-211-8803
Visit My website: maryparkin.com
Mary's email: email@example.com